Tuesday, May 04, 2004

 

Freelance Goddess

Well, it's not ideal, but it's a job. Shout! Magazine decided to call me...finally. They need a freelance writer to work on events and Pittsburgh culture (Pittsburgh and culture in the same sentence?). Perhaps I can now afford better than ramen noodles.

I asked Jack what he was thinking coming back here. I think he's immersed in his quarter-life crisis. Having him back here has been strange, and Dierdre was initially, um, displeased at his presence. She can go on being pissed, not that it's out of the ordinary for her anyway. If she actually paid her half of the rent on time, then I could possibly consider her side of the argument. The girl is insane. She goes from psych major one day to photographer the next. Silly me, I assumed you might need training and experience to be a professional photographer. Sometimes I think about what it might be like for her to wear a color. If I cared more, I would stage a makeover, but then we might have to cross the line of Sharing a Wardrobe and that won't do.

This Shout! development means I'm going to be working with Leo, kind of. I have to admit, I'm a bit intimidated. He's got this attitude about being a journalist: "Oooo, look at me, I'm Leo Straub, I wear a trench coat when it's summer." I think I need a dueling signature look; a pencil in my hair, perhaps?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?